Hello everyone, as we lead into 31st March Australian Awareness Day and with such a special milestone year of 20 years –please find an avenue to show your support in the battle against Batten Disease. Following is just some ways that you can get involved, raising funds and awareness.
1. Anywhere: Bounce4Battens, its fun and anyone can do it - click here for further guidance.
2. 2015 Fun Run/Walks state-wide – click here for an updated list of all the events around Australia that you can participate in and set up your Hero fundraising page with BDSRA as your nominated charity. Let me know if you need help with any of this set-up process. Just pick your event and have fun!
3. New South Wales: Young Olivia is hosting a school fundraiser in Wagga Wagga by selling merchandise and displaying posters
4. Queensland: Nicola is entering the Miss Muddy challenge on the Gold Coast and sponsors can donate at https://give.everydayhero.com/au/nicola-15
5. South Australia: Ruth will be holding a ‘Battling Battens’ morning tea on the 31st of March at Golden Grove Lutheran Primary School, displaying posters and selling merchandise
6. New South Wales: Calling raffle ticket sellers in the Sydney to Newcastle areas. The Lodge Benjamin Pryor NSW & ACT (Freemasons) group have 4 great prizes including a holiday package and is drawn in May.. More Details attached. Please email me if you can assist them to sell as many as possible.
1. Amazon – purchasing items online from Amazon.com? If you choose to order from www.smile.amazon.com they can nominate B.D.S.R.A. (USA Office) and 0.5% of the transaction will go to Battens.
2. Become a “Battling Batten Disease” 20th year Member, just $25 and the form is found by clicking here.
3. The Rogue Runners, from every direction of Australia, are welcoming runners to join their goals for Batten Disease, please click here to support or join their fun runs: https://www.facebook.com/roguerunners.aust?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser
Please jump on board for this 20th year in Australia. We need your support.