By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
a. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Batten Disease Support & Research Association's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. modify or copy the materials;
ii. use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Batten Disease Support & Research Association's web site;
iv. remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
v. transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
b. This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Batten Disease Support & Research Association at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Batten Disease Support & Research Association's web site are provided "as is". Batten Disease Support & Research Association makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Batten Disease Support & Research Association does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Batten Disease Support & Research Association or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Batten Disease Support & Research Association's Internet site, even if Batten Disease Support & Research Association or a Batten Disease Support & Research Association authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Batten Disease Support & Research Association's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Batten Disease Support & Research Association does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Batten Disease Support & Research Association may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Batten Disease Support & Research Association does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Batten Disease Support & Research Association has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Batten Disease Support & Research Association of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Acceptable Use Policy
Changes to the Site and services provided
The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
We will make every effort to ensure that the site and services are constantly operational;
We reserve the right to modify, discontinue or suspend all or part of the site or its services at any time without notice.
- You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- You must ensure that any content you request to be uploaded onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you choose to upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it;
- In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately;
- You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
- We reserve the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion;
- You must not to use or attempt to use the site’s information for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to intentional invasion of privacy.
9. Fundraising Activities
- It is your responsibility to ensure, prior to commencing a fundraising activity on this organisation’s behalf, that the organisation has no objection to the nature of the proposed activity;
- We expressly reserves the right to suspend a fundraising connection in the event that in the BDSRA’s sole discretion, deems the fundraising activity unsuitable or inappropriate.
10. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Batten Disease Support & Research Association's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- NSW Fair Trading – www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
- Office of Securities – www.asic.gov.au
- ACT Office of Fair Trading – www.ors.act.gov.au
- NSW Department of Gaming and Racing – www.olgr.nsw.gov.au
- QLD Department of Tourism, Trade and Wine Industry Development – Office of Fair Trade – www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au
- SA Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner – www.cbs.sa.gov.au
- VIC Department of Justice and Consumer Affairs - www.consumer.vic.gov.au
- WA Department of Consumer and Employment Protection – www.commerce.wa.gov.au